Rainy Day Dinner Club Parent/Guardian Waiver & Expectations
- Students will practice knife safety and cutting techniques using 6-8 inch sharp chef knives.
- All heating elements and electric appliances will be operated by the teacher.
- We will provide vegetarian option upon request at registration.
- We can NOT provide gluten free or dairy free classes.
- Student tuition is refundable as follows:
- Two weeks prior to class start date- Full refund
- Two weeks through one week prior to class start date- 50% refund
- One week prior to class start date- no refund
- Parent pick up is listed on registration and the welcome email.
- If you’re running late, please call or text (206) 473-1482 with student’s name, school, and ETA. We will provide a 10 minute grace period.
- Parents arriving over 10 minutes late will be charged $20 for late pickup. If parents are repeatedly late, we may suspend enrollment without refund.
- Although we will be tasting food we ask that you please pack a nut-free snack for you child.
- Safety of students is of highest priority. Program staff works very hard to maintain an environment where students can participate in activities safely.
- Our Program Coordinator is always onsite and has a current First Aid/CPR certification. Occasionally students may experience a minor injury while participating in activities. When that happens, program staff uses their first aid knowledge to take care of the student. All staff carries basic first aid supplies with them throughout the day.
- If a child is significantly injured, the staff will immediately call 9-1-1 as well as notify a parent or guardian. In the event of a natural or other disaster, students will remain under the direct care and supervision of program staff until an authorized individual is able to check them out.
- Your registration implies permission for Rainy Day Dinner Club to use photographs of students for promotional purposes. If you do not want your child photographed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For safety and security, please notify us if a student will be absent. please call or text (206) 473-1482 with student’s name, school, and date of absence.
- Unfortunately, there are no refunds for days or weeks that students cannot attend. All students must be registered to attend the program; a friend cannot replace an absent student.
- We do NOT adhere to a “nut-free” policy at School. However, we make every effort to minimize risk to vulnerable students. For students who bring snacks, our staff enforces a strict, “no trading and no sharing” policy. In addition, instructors are informed of any student who has allergies.
- WE CAN NOT ACCOMMODATE students with WHEAT, GLUTEN, or DAIRY ALLERGIES.
- If your child has any food/substance allergies, please note them during registration. Programs staff will follow up with families on a case-by-case basis. Parents/guardians are responsible for providing any necessary medical supplies (e.g., EpiPen). Program coordinator has current First Aid/CPR certification as well as training in administering the EpiPen.
- Students are expected to maintain the same behavioral standard that they would during the formal school day.
- On the first day of class, student go home with a copy of our Knife Safety Rules & Classroom Expectations. We’re asking all parents to review these expectations with their child before the second week of class.
- If a child is consistently disruptive and prevents the instructor from conducting class, the instructor reserves the right to ask the child to drop the class. Parents will be given a formal warning before these measures are taken.