7/29 - 8/2 Teen Dinner Club Camp
Parents, pass dinner duty to your kids this week! Each day, students learn basic cooking skills while making dinner for their family! Students will create delicious dishes focusing on the importance of local ingredients, scratch cooking, and natural preservatives while practicing knife skills and kitchen safety.
In this three hour coarse students will learn to make all aspects of a meal from scratch. Along with their entre, they will make a different side dish each day!
Our hands-on cooking classes are fun, and delicious, and are a wonderful way to develop enthusiasm for the family meal. Each entrée will serve 4 to 6 and will be packaged in oven-ready cookware with baking instructions.
- For: Grades 6th - 12th
- Dates: July 29th - Aug 2nd
- Time: 1pm - 4:30pm
**Parent drop off is between 12:45pm - 1:10pm. Parent pick up is between 4:30pm - 4:45pm
Menu: Vegetarian substitutes available
- Pizza and House Salad (Review knife skills and learn to throw dough!)
- Dumplings and Spring/Fresh Rolls
- Handmade Pasta & Meatballs with garlic/pesto bread
- Tamales and Mexican slaw
- Chicken Pot Pie and Dessert Pie.
Allergies: We’re unable to provide gluten free or dairy free classes.
Students work together to make one large pot of class sauce that is divided among the students therefore substitutions are not an option.
We always offer vegetarian options however for any other dietary restrictions, please email us directly before registering.
Food Safety and cooking your meals.
- All meals must be refrigerated or cooked within 30-minutes of the class ending. (going to other activities, running errands, or leaving the food at room temperature past the 30-minutes run the risk of getting a foodborne illness.)
- All meals should be consumed within 24 hours or frozen.
- All cooked meals should be cooked thoroughly and reach the internal temperature of at least 165 °F